Many organizations qualify to make sales tax-exempt purchases. The Power Mower Sales Tax-Exemption Program (PMSTEP) allows an exempt customer to be recognized for automatic removal of taxes during checkout of purchases from PowerMowerSales.com.
Please contact your tax advisor or your state or local taxing authority to determine if your organization qualifies for sales tax-exemption.
- Complete Tax-Exempt Application by following the prompted questions and emailing the required documents.
- At PowerMowerSales.com, an account must be created. You will be asked for Company name and Tax ID prompted to create an account once you start your application. Please create an account using your business or organizational email address and provide the first and last name of the primary individual who will be purchasing for the business or organization’s tax-exempt purchases. To create an account click here.
- You must provide valid tax-exempt document(s) for each state where exempt goods are shipped or picked up in the store.
- Once your application has been submitted, email your documents at [email protected]. Your documents will be reviewed and a determination made whether your application for exemption is approved.
- Please note it may take 1 business days for your status to be approved or denied. If approved, you will be eligible to make tax-exempt purchases immediately.
- An estimated tax may show until the final screen.
- Sales tax is automatically removed on the final “Checkout” screen.
- For applications that are not approved due to more information required, you will receive an email with the specific reason for rejection.
Please note applications that have been submitted and are in progress for review may not be modified. An application may only be edited if it has been approved or rejected.